Theatre 2026

Kate O'Donnell and Oliver Stockley are also leaving Oh Mary!, with the same last performance date of 26th September. So that means only Scott Karim remains.

I see Alaska Thunderfuck is doing the US tour from September through to January. I wonder if she'd be considered for a UK run?
 
Kate O'Donnell and Oliver Stockley are also leaving Oh Mary!, with the same last performance date of 26th September. So that means only Scott Karim remains.
Actually it's ALL CHANGE







 
Just seen Thelma & Louise. The songs are so-so but it’s been staged very well with an incredible cast. Jordan Luke Gage in the Brad Pitt role was lovely.

And Amy Lennox as Thelma melded perfectly into Geri Halliwell and 90s Nicole Kidman.

IMG_6417.jpeg
 
I booked for December and got tickets for £85 which got me 2nd row in the Grand Circle.
 
Is the lottery for cheap(er) tickets? There seems to still be reasonable availability if you're willing to shoulder the prices.
 
A Little Night Night Music is one of my absolute favourite musicals, so I was intrigued to see who was going to be cast in this revival. Slightly underwhelmed



When I saw it in 2009 it was Hannah Waddingham, Maureen Lipman and Jesse Buckley, and in 1995 Judi Dench, Sian Phillips, Patricia Hodge and Issy Van Randwyck.

I like Michelle Gomez, but she's not a big enough pull for me to make a trip up.
 
Stop with these “concert” productions with all star casts, unless this is actually potentially going to become a thing :evil:
 
Something's gone very wrong if a production of a nice Sondheim can only happen if Ariana fucking Grande is on board
 
Titanique closing in the West End 3rd January 2027 :( But going on a UK tour after that.

Not unexpected but quite a swift announcement. Wonder what will replace it at the Criterion.
 
Titanique closing in the West End 3rd January 2027 :( But going on a UK tour after that.

Not unexpected but quite a swift announcement. Wonder what will replace it at the Criterion.
Thrilled that Myra DuBois is touring though, I really want to see her in it
 
I read on X (although not seen confirmation outside the post) that People, Places And Things is returning to the Trafalgar 'in early 2027', so presumably Oh Mary! is closing if that's true. Currently booking to Jan 2nd.
 
Can't remember if I posted about seeing this in May, but it's an absolute fucking riot, and I recommend it to anyone now it seems to have been revived for a short tour.

 
@Ellie, have you seen the Back To The Future musical? The tour is here in a few weeks and I've got the possibility of cheap(er) tickets.
 
@Ellie, have you seen the Back To The Future musical? The tour is here in a few weeks and I've got the possibility of cheap(er) tickets.
I saw it 11 times :disco:

It did lose some of its pizzazz in London with various cast changes. But I hope the tour doesn’t scale down the effects, because it’s really quite something.
 
The tour seems to be doing at least a few weeks in each location, and the Hippodrome here at least has a huge stage, so that shouldn't be restrictive. That both makes me hope it's a big production.

It doesn't seem to be selling at all well though. I can get cheap tickets through local heroes on Monday and Tuesday, and the dates I'm looking at towards the end of the run in early November are only about 10% sold. It's better earlier in the run and at the weekends, but still loads of availability.
 
Tonight was Tilda Swinton’s one woman play that she previously did in the 80s called Man To Man.

It was 85 minutes long. About 30 minutes in a handful of people started leaving. We lasted 60 minutes before we couldn’t take any more of this pretentious madness and pissed off for a meal and more wine instead :D it was absolutely GHASTLY.
 
Oh my god what have the reviews been like?

Should have come to see my play instead. We didn't have any walk outs? :D
 
I’d sit through 85 mins of Tilda taking a shit, filing this under one of Ellie’s NUMEROUS bad takes.
 
Just back from seeing ‘Letter to Brezhnev’ (matinee 👴🏻 )

If you love the film, I’d recommend going to see the live show. Apparently Margi Clarke was spotted, but take that with a pinch of salt.

I hope it tours, but it’s definitely loved in Liverpool.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom